Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Simple Green: A Simple Way To Clean A Bit Greener


A quick Google search will reveal hundreds of recipes for homemade cleaning products.  These are all great--they're natural, non toxic, and safe for kids.  The most common cleaning remedy that bloggers rave about is vinegar.  This seems to be the go-to cleaning solution for those searching for an eco-friendly solution to cleaning.  I plan on dousing my home in vinegar soon in order to see how effective it really is, but until I jump onto the vinegar bandwagon, I have found another option that is working beautifully for me.

Simple Green.  



About a month ago, I stumbled across an offering for a free sample of Simple Green.  Usually free samples come in very small portions.  This sample, however, came with an empty full-size Simple Green spray bottle and a smaller 2 oz container of concentrated Simple Green formula.  The purpose of the concentrated formula is to give the user control over the strength of their cleaning solution.  With one bottle of Simple Green, you can easily have 10 bottles of cleaner.  For light cleaning, such as wiping down counters, use a 1:30 ratio (1 oz concentrate and 30 oz water).  For heavier cleaning, use a 1:1 to 1:10 ratio (1 oz concentrate to 1-10 oz water).

I don't know about you, but I like to have a little control, so this unique feature makes me happy.

Another way to use Simple Green is to add it to your laundry.  Simple Green claims that 1/4 cup of Simple Green solution in addition to your usual detergent packs a powerful punch.  It can even be used to spot treat stains.  I haven't added it to laundry yet, but if I do, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

The formula is non-toxic, biodegradable, non-hazardous, non-flammable, and non-corrosive.  How cool is that?

The coolest thing about Simple Green is that the company seems to really be concerned with the well-being of the environment.  The back of the bottle reads: "This Simple Green dilution bottle can be reused, please save it!  GO GREEN & SAVE GREEN!"  Go here to read their commitment to reducing their carbon footprint. It's even used to help clean oil spills.

Unfortunately, the free sample that I received is no longer available but the Simple Green website is offering a coupon (limit 2 per customer).  If you haven't tried Simple Green or just want a coupon to replenish your stock, go here.

If you use Simple Green, let me know how you like it?  What are your experiences with it?
Disclaimer**  I was not contacted by Simple Green to review their product.  I received no compensation for this review.  The opinions are solely mine and reflect my experience with the product.

1 comment:

  1. I love simple green, it's one of my favorite cleaners, it does such a great job and I love how it's non-toxic, biodegradable, non-hazardous, non-flammable, and non-corrosive (just like you said)! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete