Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

An Apple A Day...

Last weekend, (seems like it was month ago) we visited family in Montana.  Everyone loves a getaway now and then and we were no exception.  My husband's sister and her family live right outside of a small town, surrounded by the mountains, a stream, and deer who venture into her yard without fear until the dogs are let loose to chase after them.

They have room to plant and harvest their own vegetables and even have a few apple trees.

There were a lot of things Nate loved about being there, including the dogs (he actually had a love-hate relationship with them), his cousins, and the apple trees.  We picked apples (more to come on what we did with them) and Nate just couldn't get enough.  He loved pulling them off the trees.  I'm grateful that my husband was able to capture some photos of that time because it is definitely a moment I don't want to forget.






Thanks to Jerry, Teresa, Ben, and Atticus for the wonderful memories.


15 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! We are hoping to hit some apple picking farms this season too. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! What a great fall activity and it makes it ever more special that it's at your sister's house. Your husband got some great pictures. Can't wait to hear what you did with the apples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found you on blog hop Tuesday:) I'm your newest follower. You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived in Portland for 5 years and fall is what I miss most... apples, pumpkins, colorful leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would have been great fun. I hope to do something like this with my kids soon.

    New follower from FMBT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am your newest follower from Tuesday Blog Hop! It would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
    And also don't forget, for more easy HTML tutorials, or help increasing your blog's traffic, you know where to come!
    Plus today we teach another one of our blog tutorials, so make sure you don't miss it! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower via Tuesday Blog Hop! Please visit me: www.frugalonthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you and the family had fun! We're going apple picking next week.

    P.S.

    I'm a new follower! I found you through Tuesday Blog Hop by Nimbler GRove. Can't wait to read upcoming posts.

    http://alwaysaroundboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there!! Such cute photos, especially the one of the baby picking the apple :)

    I'm stopping by from TTT Tuesday and hoping that if you get a chance, you will follow me back.

    http://fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com

    ~Steph

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I am a new follower from Tuesday's blog hops. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Blessings...
    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely photos!

    Showcase Sisters is following you from Follow Me Back Tuesday! http://showcasesisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am your newest follower from Tuesday Blog Hop. Great pictures. It looks like you guys had a great time. When you have a moment stop by and say hi.
    http://mastersandamom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. new follower from tuesday blog Hop, we were in PR and our Lo Loved picking Mangoes from the trees he also liked throwing them at the dogs who of course ate thm... hope you can return the follow
    www.ladii-aponte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I grew up in Portland...thanks for the vicarious moment

    Out hopping..hop back
    closertolucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete