There are things my heart wants to do but my head says no, sorry. Or, that doesn't make sense for you right nowbut if it makes you happy maybe just maybe someday, ok?
She then listed her desires and asked us to do the same. Here are mine:
Roadtrip! 1. I'd love to drive to New York and back for the pure joy of seeing new places, having countless hours to listen to the ipod, radio, and podcasts, and many hours just to talk to my husband about mostly nonsense, gossip, and the workings of the world (I'm sure he'd throw some sports in there too).
Tattoo! 2. I'm tattoo-free, but I've had a daydream or two that involves a small, whimsical tattoo of some sort hidden away. No one would need to know about it. Maybe someday I'll think about it more, but not today.
3. I'd love to spend an afternoon shopping for earrings, tank tops, and sandals, my go-to outfit any day regardless of the weather.
4. I dream about writing. And not just blog writing or homework writing, but the type of writing where I become burdened with a story that I just have to tell. So I write and write and write without thinking about food, people, or sleep.
Mac! 5. I'd love a brand-new mac laptop even though the one I have is perfectly fine and works perfectly well.
6. I could sit in a library all day and not think of a better place to be.
7. I want to learn to sew but I don't really have the time or the resources to right now.
8. It's easy for me to daydream about spending an extended amount of time living in a European country. Walking down streets lined with markets, eating at an outdoor cafe, and buying fresh flowers for my adorable little apartment that I'd be staying in...ok, enough day dreaming.
Chop it off!
9. I'd love to cut my hair short-short like Ashley Judd's hair, but I've never really been a short-hair kind of gal. Every time I've convinced myself to cut it short, I chicken out as soon as I sit down in the chair. When the hairstylist asks me how I'd like my hair cut, I say, "long layers please and just a trim off the back." Maybe someday I'll work up the courage. But for now, long hair it is.
But In The End...
10. I can daydream all day about the what-if's of life, the frivolous spending I'd love to do, or the exotic places I'd love to see, but I know that if I wasn't living the life I'm living-married and mama to the cutest boy-I'd be daydreaming and wishing for this life. I'm a very lucky girl in more ways than one.