Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Stef's Ginger Snaps!


Hasn't it been great having different people share their tips and tricks on Walk With Me?  Today, I am excited that  Stef from Stylings of S is sharing a yummy recipe. I can't wait to try this one out. I'm sure I will my son will love them. 

Stef's Ginger(not-quite-a-cookie-or-a-cake)Snaps!

It’s Stef from Stylings of S guest blogging here to share a delicious family (and family friendly) recipe with you! 

The weather is slowly turning cold and in my house, that means lots of tea and delicious home baked cookies. My house bakes quite often, but it wasn't until recently, we discovered the use of applesauce in recipes—replacing butter, lard etc with unsweetended applesauce. The consistency of both the dough and the cookie is different, so keep that in mind, but I think it creates a great, slightly more healthy cookie!



I modified this recipe from its original form to create these Ginger cookie-cakes! They are not quite a cookie, not quite a cake, but are definitely delicious!

First, turn on the over 350 degrees F.

Then, you’ll need:

2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tbsp ginger
3 tsps baking soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ cup of unsweetended apple sauce 
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
½ cup of molasses
a bit of extra sugar for sprinkling on top before baking! 

In one bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce, sugar, egg, and molasses. Then comes the fun bit: mixing them all together. It works best if you slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix, mix, mix until they are blended. 

Spoon them out onto a baking tray (non-stick) and sprinkle them with a bit of extra sugar.  Bake for 12-14 minutes.

They are not overly sweet, so they work well with a cup of tea! Give them a whirl and let me know what you think! 


If you enjoyed this post, please head over to her blog, Stylings of S, and check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment