Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Top 10 Reasons Why I Could Never Be A Sister Wife

If you are a fan of the popular TV network, TLC , then you've probably been watching Sister Wives . The series is documenting a family living in polygamy. Kody, the husband, is legally married to a woman named Meri, but calls 2 other women (soon to be 3) his wives. Between the 4 of them, they have 12 children (and one on the way).

This show is worth checking out if you haven't done so already.  It'll boggle your mind and leave you thinking about how different and insane life would be with Sister Wives.


Here are my 10 reasons why I could never be a sister wife.

1). I'm too selfish.

2). I don't want to take care of someone else's kid all day and all night. No thank you. My own child is a big enough responsibility.

3). I don't want to have to financially support someone else while they get to take my husband away from me and then leave me to take care of their kid. See reason #1.

4). I like some peace and quiet occasionally. With 12 kids, 3 women, and a man, there is no way anyone is getting any quiet time.  I'd be the Janelle in the relationship: gone at work all day for 12 hours. Need. To. Breathe.

5). There is enough drama between one man and one woman (trust me, I know all about that). But add another girl or two to the mix and the drama must be sky high. No thank you.

6). I want my husband sleeping next to me every single night. See reason #1. Enough said.

7). Competition with other women? No thanks!

8). I can see it now. Sister Wife: "Can I borrow your shirt?" Me: "No, get your own." Sister Wife: "You suck at this Sister Wife stuff." Me: "I know. Deal with it."

9). Can you imagine all the germs and sickness that must circulate in that home? I'd be walking around with a mask all day and a bottle of hand sanitizer permanently attached to my hip, and then I'd make each kid bathe in it each morning and night.

10). I'm too selfish.


But to each his own, right?

This post is linked up with Oh Amanda's Top Ten Tuesday.

9 comments:

  1. Yea i love that show im reason #1 all the way, but the girls seem to have a problem with the that new girlfriend he has. Yea thats all i need is more kids that arn't mine.

    Naomi
    Na-Miart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just do NOT get that. At all. How could anyone think that was healthy?! What is their reasoning? Like, how did they get into that in the first place?

    And I'm w/you---too selfish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you forgot smart. you must have been a little bird on the vine listening to us girls as we watched this together...but it is an individual choice, for sure. sw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! This show is sooo creepy!!! And what does he do for a living??? They all drive lexus's!! I guess if you have four incomes you can! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fascinating show! I am glad that they show the women's real emotions and stuff though. I prefer real sisters and sister-in-laws to sister wives any day! Although, it would be nice to have built in babysitters and someone else to cook and clean once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole sister wife thing. Though I agree I'm selfish too...what about the man? Women really don't get any benefit out of this relationship. It seems WAY too much about the man to me and what he gets out of it. Like everything a man would ever want right? It seems like a women would have to put all her needs on hold for something like this. Needs that need to be met... This makes my head hurt to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I caught the tail end of the show the other night and 1) i am selfish and 2) I hate drama and the more women you put into an equation the more drama you are going to get.. No thank you.
    Tiffany @ Wyatt Family Farm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine! I could never do it either! I've never seen the show you are talking about but we sometimes watch Big Love. It's one of those shows that drives me crazy (because of how backwards it is sometimes) but I still love to watch.

    ReplyDelete