Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Guest Blog: My Name or God's Glory?

I am happy to have Ashley from AP Freewriting 101 guest posting today. Her blog is a source of inspiration for me-a daily devotional of sorts. I hope you'll take time to visit her blog.
 
John 3.30 – He must increase, but I must decrease.

GEDC0022 by terilynneu, on Pix-O-Sphere


As I go through life, it is so easy to take my eyes off Christ, seeking my own success and fame. I strive and seek to gain the approval of others, caring little about who I hurt in the process or what I have to sacrifice to “get ahead.” However, this is not the life that I am called to, or the life that I truly desire. 

I desire contentment. I desire peace. I desire blessing.

I will not find these things in seeking my own fame and success, but by allowing my life to point others to Christ. I must seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. I must seek to be less like me and more like Him. Seeking to be more Christ-like, I must become less important in my own eyes, and I must keep my eyes on Him. He must increase, and I must decrease.

Are you seeking to be known or to make God known? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avatar-Sept2010 by ashleypichea, on Pix-O-Sphere Ashley Pichea is a wife and mom (2 year old boy and 3.5 year old girl), as well as a blogger, an online student (pursuing an MA in Ministry), and actively involved in her local church's teaching ministry. She home schools her daughter and chronicles the journey at Teaching Jenny. Her blog, AP Freewriting, has become a place of ministry to women with a purpose of encouraging women with the Word of God. Ashley strives daily to find her identity in Christ, and she encourages you to connect with her on Facebook and Twitter.

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Ashley! It's so easy to lose the proper focus. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Ashley! Great reminder to us all and VERY thought-provoking! ♥ Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that's good. I just blogged about something similar in regards to blogging over at Pix-O-Sphere's blog tonight.

    ReplyDelete