Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sound Fireworks

Happy New Year!

I hope you and your family had a great time ringing in the new year. I love everything associated with New Year's Eve. The appetizers, staying up late, remembering events of the past year, watching other parts of the world celebrate, and listening to the popping of guns and fireworks outside are some of my favorite activities. I'm looking forward to the day when Nate can stay up with us, or at least try and then wind up asleep on the couch.

Have you ever seen how Seattle celebrates the New Year? I hadn't until last night. While it was far too late and too cold for us to even consider taking Nate to watch the festivities, we did get to see it on TV and it was pretty spectacular. An 8 minute long fireworks show happens at the Space Needle. It was truly a sight to see, even if only on TV.




There are going to be some exciting announcements and fun blog posts in the weeks and months to come.  I look forward to sharing 2011 with you! 


2 comments:

  1. Wow - that IS fabulous!!! Our city doesn't have New Years' fireworks - just Independence Day - but they're nowhere near that cool!!

    ReplyDelete