Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

When Daddy Reads

He shoves the same book in my face for the 6th time in a row. I smile at him and laugh.  Will you ever tire of this book? Even though he has an entire shelf of books, some days he just wants to read the same book over. and over. and over. and over again.


I'm not sure I have ever heard of a child who doesn't enjoy being read to, and at the age of (almost) 17 months, my son is no different. The sillier I get with the reading, the bigger the smile on his face grows.


He loves when his Dad reads the Dinosaur Books he got from Nana.  Daddy has that special touch to his reading. With his deep voice, his roars, and his growls, he reads in a way that I can't.  Then Nate looks at me with a face that says, This is how you should read it, Mom. 



And I can't help but smile because as much as each child should have a Mom who reads to him, it's even cooler when he has a Dad that can roar and growl and do all the things that Mom just isn't quite as good at.

5 comments:

  1. I love "And I can't help but smile because as much as each child should have a Mom who reads to him, it's even cooler when he has a Dad that can roar and growl and do all the things that Mom just isn't quite as good at." Hehe, so true!
    -Stace

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true! Jesse always wants his Daddy to read to him! I didn't know it was such a universal phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! Don't you just love special moments like that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww!! How sweet!! My kids like when Daddy reads too. He does voices and everything. I am totally boring in comparison :) Not that that keeps them from wanting me to read to them. We read all day and when Daddy gets home I'm thrilled to get the chance to sit back and listen. Daddies are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, Dad can also do the low Batman voice and the Bruce Wayne voice.

    http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

    ReplyDelete