Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Making The Switch To Reusable Wipes



Some of you might have seen this article I posted on my Facebook the other day about making the switch to reusable cloth wipes.  


As I read it, I realized that it just made so much sense. My son is (almost) 17 months old and although I absolutely love cloth diapering, I hate the poopy wipes that have to get thrown in the trash.  It's gross to look in there and see them just hanging out.  But there isn't anywhere to put them.  

I can't flush them down the toilet (I've learned my lesson about that).

I can't shove them in the dirty diaper because they can't be washed.  

So the only place to put them is in the trash.  And that's disgusting.  Why not switch to cloth wipes?  By switching to cloth wipes, I will have the same luxury that disposable-using-mamas have of just wrapping them up in the diaper.  The diaper will get tossed into the diaper bin like usual and then the diaper and the cloth will get washed together.  No more dirty wipes in the trash.  

Gosh, why didn't I read this post sooner?

I don't have quite enough reusable wipes yet, but I'll work on that.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear experiences from any moms who have used reusable wipes? Tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment