Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Toffee Bar Recipe

Are you still looking for something to add to your Super Bowl party? With all of the salty and savory dishes that are such a big part of Super Bowl Sunday (chips, dips, appetizers, pizza), you're going to want something sweet. 

This recipe is great because, not only does it taste delicious, you probably have everything you need in your pantry.  The only thing I had to buy was the chocolate chips.

Who doesn't love a tasty toffee bar?


Ingredients: 

1 cup of softened butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. In a bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar together.  Then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla.  Slowly add the flour and the salt.  Keep mixing it until smooth. Press the mixture into a baking pan.  Bake it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the mixture becomes golden brown. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and return it to the oven for a minute.  Spread the melted chocolate.  Add any additional toppings, such as pecans.  

I sliced the bars into triangles when they were still hot so that they didn't set up too much and become too hard to cut. 

This dish would also make a great Valentine's Day dessert with some red sprinkles or other decorative designs. 

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Shondra! I think I'll go make these right now, they look super-easy and super-yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am all over this. Thanks for sharing the recipe, this looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my those look decadently delicious. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday (it will be open till Monday) and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your toffee up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-3.html

    ReplyDelete