Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring!

I love to go for walks.  Long walks, short walks, you name it.  They make my day feel more complete.  My husband, lovingly of course, says that I'm like a puppy when it comes to walks.  I get so excited.  If I'm having a blah day, a walk can easily brighten my spirits.  The last few months have been pretty cold. We've seen weather in the 20's, 30's, and 40's.  But yesterday, it was in the 50's (today it's in the 60's!).  So, we went for a walk as the sun was setting.
We live right next to a lake, which provides plenty of wildlife for Nate to look at. Yesterday, he saw ducks and a crane.

He was excited to stop at the water and look around although he protested when we decided to head home. 

We also live right next to the Interurban trail, which is great since the majority of Seattle is sidewalk-less, which baffles me. I'm not sure I've been to a city with less sidewalks than Seattle.  Going for walks can be a dangerous endeavor if we don't make sure to plan our routes based on streets with sidewalks.  Anyway, the Interurban trail is free of cars, miles and miles long, great for walks, bicycle rides, running, dog-walking...you get the point.  It's a great resource to live so close to.

Yesterday was just a taste of the warmer weather soon to come, but I can't wait.  Walks around Green Lake, flip flops, and tank tops are just a few of my favorite things that have been neglected during the winter months.

But not for much longer, because Spring is here! 

1 comment:

  1. We miss that cool weather so very much:-(
    Florida is over-rated ha!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete