Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tired Mama

I feel pregnant today.  Like really pregnant.  My body just feels tired, but I haven't really done much to feel so tired.  This weekend, I'll be 26 weeks along.  Where has the time gone!?! 

We're moving on Saturday, so I've been packing when I can.  And resting when I can.  But then I remember that we are moving in just a few days and there is still so much to do.  It makes me a little anxious.  

Oh, and Nate didn't nap today.  He just wouldn't fall asleep, so I didn't really get much of a nap time break.  

So, I guess that's why I'm more tired than usual.  

About a week after Nate was born, I remember just having this overwhelming feeling unlike any I had ever really had before.  I just felt so good.  I wasn't tired.  There weren't anymore weird aches and pains.  And I didn't have to pee every 10 minutes, which was awesome! But now those feelings are back, and it's exciting because it just means I'm getting closer to meeting Lance (his name by the way), but I still have quite a ways to go and I'm not really ready to start feeling like this so soon.  

Hopefully today was just a fluke. 


On a sidenote, isn't Sandlot the ultimate little boy movie? We found it in the (sshhh, don't tell) $5 bin at Wal-Mart.  We popped it in and had fun watching it again and thinking about how much Nate will like it in a few years, despite the few times that the boys use some words that aren't quite appropriate for a kids' movie.  

I'll leave you tonight with a great Sandlot quote: 

"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die, follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong." 

1 comment:

  1. I remember that feeling, but you're right - it fades so fast after they're born!!

    But the nap break? Gets MUCH more important after they're born. I might have pitched a fit in the past week because I didn't get a naptime break.

    ReplyDelete