Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy late Mother's Day to all of the mommas out there. I hope you had a relaxing weekend.  Ryan surprised me with an impromptu trip to the Western coast of Washington.  We went to Forks and La Push (yes, the Twilight place-more on that later) and then into the Olympic National Forest where we explored the Hoh Rain Forest, which is pretty much awesome. So much green mossiness!  Of course I was so busy enjoying taking pictures that I forgot to give Ryan the camera and get a picture of me on Mother's Day.  Oh well. :)

While it's nice to be spoiled on Mom's Day, it's also nice just to reflect on and appreciate the people that made me a mom.  Ryan and Nate have given me the greatest gift by turning me into a mother.  It's the most rewarding job, but also at times the most challenging. I know that it is slowly turning me into a better person.  For that, I am grateful. 

"A mother holds their child's hand for a short while and their hearts forever." 

No comments:

Post a Comment