Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Favorite Place in Seattle

Am I really capable of posting a blog without a picture of Nate? After today's visit to Green Lake, I think I just might be able to do it.  

Green Lake is my favorite place in Seattle.  I don't care if it's crowded.  I don't care if I almost get ran over by little kids on bikes.  And I don't care if we have to maneuver Nate's stroller around people who walk at the pace of snails.

What makes Green Lake better than it already is? A perfect Spring day. It was actually warm outside, which means that all the Seattlites come out to soak up some Vitamin D.  White legs and all.  The 3-mile trail around the lake is filled with rollerbladers, bikers, skateboarders, walkers, runners, painfully-awkward-looking-wannabe-runners, dog-walkers, and mamas pushing strollers. 

Then there are others who lounge around the lake, or fish, or tightrope walk, or play games that I have never seen before.  


Doesn't that look like the perfect place to rest?


I love tulips. And do you see that turtle through the bushes?


Some families choose to sit by the lake.  Others choose to walk the trail.  But obviously I am not the only one who loves this lake because every time I go, it's packed.  

I loved our day at the lake.  I'm looking forward to many more once this crazy weather warms up.  

Do you have a place like this? A place you like to go to for just an hour or two? A place that makes your day or week better? 


**Just a sidenote. Courtney at Click It Up A Notch is hosting a photo contest and my picture is chosen for the Top 10.  I'd love it if you visited her blog and gave us a vote.  :)

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a true Green Lake Walker! Regardless, a Walker I be.

    Great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as the bikers ride under the 10 mph speed limit... Otherwise, Green Lake can be a dangerous and stressful place. Are they no better places in the city for serious bike riders than on the inside recreational path?

    ReplyDelete