Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Park Adventuring

I don't think "adventuring" is an actual word, but Nate and I went to the park last weekend. He was cracking me up! Usually he just likes to play in the wood chips and swing, but this time he was all over the place.  He wanted to crawl through all of the play equipment and then just took off and walked around the entire park like he was such a big boy.


Occasionally, he'd stop and check out the dogs playing in the field, but just as quick as he stopped, he'd take off again.  By the end of the night, my pregnant self was tired! He wore his Mama out.  But the weather was beautiful and we both had a great time. I'm looking forward to returning to this park with Ryan.  I know Nate will go crazy showing off for his Dad. The only bad side is the myriad of bruises on Nate's legs from climbing up those metal steps into the playground equipment.  Those steps are brutal! 
Before I know it, I'm going to have to keep up with Nate while toting around a newborn. 

For those of you with kids close together in age, what worked best for you? Keeping the newborn in a stroller or carrying him in a sling/backpack carrier?

No comments:

Post a Comment