Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Edit Me Challenge

One of my favorite things to do during my free time is edit pictures.  It's still a work in process and I'm still figuring out what "my style" is.  Right now, it just kind of depends on the individual picture and the mood I'm in.

Branson, at My Reflections of Something, has a fun editing challenge. She provides a picture and then gives us free reign to edit it however we choose.

This week's picture is in honor of the 4th of July and we were encouraged to include a quote.

By the way, can anyone believe that it's about to be July? The first half of 2011 has flown by!




To achieve the final image on the right, I cropped the original just to zoom in on the flag a bit.  Then I added the mountain background (a picture of the Cascade Mountains that I took this weekend).  I layered the images and then set the blending mode to multiply.  I made sure to use the smudge tool to blend the backgrounds together.  In the end, I desaturated the photo, increased the contrast, and brightened it.  And what is a 4th of July image without a quote?

Take care everyone!

My Reflection of Something



5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's such a cool idea to add the mountains! This is a winner in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like it in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adding the mountains was a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I adore this! Would not have even recognized my own photo! ;)

    ReplyDelete