Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Fix-It-Friday

After putting Nate to bed and straightening up the house, I've been having some fun editing photos.  But sometimes, editing photos of the same people (let's face it, 90% of my pictures are of Nate) can get a little boring.

So I decided to take on the Fix-It-Friday challenge going on at I Heart Faces.  On Fridays, everyone edits the same picture and then posts the picture on their forum for everyone to see with step-by-step directions as to how they got their finished result.

I thought I'd share my edit here.  There were already a ton of awesome edits on the forum.  Every type of edit imaginable had been done, including the types of edits that I usually do.  So, I decided to venture out and do an edit that I don't usually do.

Here is the original:


Here is my edit: 

My steps: After making some minor adjustments in ACR (bumping up the exposure, brightness, and blacks), I created a layer, desaturated the photo, adjusted the contrast, and then applied a layer mask and painted w/ black to reveal the color in the headband.

I usually prefer a much cleaner and simpler edit, but it was fun to create something a bit more dramatic. 

And by the way, editing this photo totally made me want a little girl with pink headbands and bows.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Some of the other edits have crazy alien eyes. Cool stuff

    ReplyDelete