Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

My Best Shot


In March, I got my very first (but certainly not last) digital SLR camera.  I had been talking about getting one non-stop, so when I finally had it in my hands, I found myself a little nervous.  After all of the reading I had done about shooting in manual, ISO, shutter speed, aperture, and focal points, I was scared that I wasn't going to be able to do anything with this new piece of equipment.  I was absolutely determined not to ever shoot in automatic.  

So, from day one, I shot in manual.  This is one of my very first pictures taken the day after getting my dslr and I was so proud of it.  I didn't have my 50mm lens yet, so this was taken with my kit lens on my balcony.  I was stoked to be able to blur the background a bit even with the kit lens.  

While I've taken some other shots that might be a bit more technically correct or more aesthetically interesting, this is my favorite. I nailed the exposure on a rainy, overcast day in Seattle, blurred the background just a tad, and captured one of my favorite sides of Nate's personality-that pensive, thoughtful side.  

Chelsey, at The Paper Mama, is hosting a challenge and asking us to link up "our best shot." She has some awesome prizes and there are already over 170 great entries.  Wowza! The judges are really going to have their hands full with this competition. 

The Paper Mama

I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

1 comment: