Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Edit Me Challenge

I've totally been neglecting my blog.

I've been so focused on when this baby is going to make his appearance that I haven't really felt like blogging, but my due date is now less than a week away so hopefully he comes soon! 

I've had a lot of fun entering Branson's editing challenges at My Reflection of Something, so I'm doing it again.  

For this edit, I opened the picture in ACR, adjusted the exposure just a tad and increased the blacks.  Then I desaturated the entire photo for a black and white look.  

When I opened the photo in Photoshop Elements, I wasn't really happy with just a straight black and white look, so I ran the "Hershey" action by Everyday Actions.  Before flattening the action, I increased the Levels section of the action.

Then I added a drop shadow (courtesy of Rita from the Coffeeshop Blog). 
Here is the original image:

I hope everyone is having a good week! :) 


My Reflection of Something

2 comments:

  1. love it! ( i thought i had left a commetn ealier in the week...sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! You have really captured the summer sunshine with this edit!

    ReplyDelete