Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Patience

Do you remember when I wrote about my first birth experience? As much as I knew it was more than likely that this 2nd pregnancy would be entirely different, I began to think it would be the same as when Nate was born when I found out I was 1cm dilated at 32 weeks.  I guess I just thought that I would keep progressing and would deliver around 37 weeks...just like I did with Nate.

But my official due date (and mine and Ryan's 3rd anniversary) is just 4 days away and still no sign of Baby Lance.

We've been busy trying to distract ourselves by going on day trips, but it's not really doing any good.  Everyone is still anxious. Ryan's mom has also been here for over 2 weeks now (the longest she's been away from her husband in over 35 years), so I know she's anxious for me to have the baby too.

Also, let's just say that I have an entirely new appreciation for the discomfort that occurs during the last weeks.  My discomfort level is at an all-time high.  I was never this uncomfortable with Nate.  But I have to remember that "good things come to those who wait."

In the meantime, here is a picture of Nate that I took at the park the other day.  He is patiently waiting to become a big brother although I'm sure he has no clue just how much his world is going to change whenever Lance decides to finally make his big debut.


Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about you the other day, I knew you were due on your anniversary! I always remember it because it's the week after ours. :-) Hang in there, Shoni! Little Lance will be here before you know it. I'll say a prayer for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete