Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sunday Scavenger Hunt

It's time for another Scavenger Hunt. I love looking through the photos I've taken and choosing pictures to fit each prompt.  Maybe one of these days, I'll actually start remembering to take photos during the week so I'm prepared.

Music To My Ears: 
These pesky peacocks might be annoying to some.  They have a distinguishable, loud cry that can be heard from crazy distances.  I lived on some property when I was in high school that had a peacock.  Now, whenever I hear one, I remember that pesky peacock we had.  It's actually a pleasant memory.

Hat: 


I just love when Nate wears his little hat.  I think it makes him look older. 

Clear: 

This picture was taken from Richmond Beach, which overlooks the Puget Sound.  It's only about 5 miles from my house. On rare occasions, it's actually clear enough to see the Olympic Mountains. 

Out of this World: 


Last weekend, we were waiting to catch a ferry and Ryan wanted me to take a picture of the sky.  I was determined to get the shot, but it required a 5 second exposure time and using a tripod, which I'm not very experienced with yet.  Anyway, I set my tripod up in front of our car and practiced while we waited.  I eventually got the setting right and wound up with this picture.
Sprinkles: 

This is one of those times that I really should have planned ahead for the prompt.  I scoured through all my pictures looking for something that would work, but came up empty-handed.  Then I remembered that I took this picture last weekend at a Lavender Festival in Sequim while it was starting to sprinkle.  I guess it will have to do. 

Have a good weekend! :)




14 comments:

  1. Great set! Stunning view and terrific capture of the moon! I am so excited to finally have tripod and be able to experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your out of this world shot - so dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Out of This World shot is ahhhhhhh-mazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moon shot was so worth the effort, turned out completely out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with others that out of this world shot is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection! I really love your out of this world shot! It looks amazing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! That peacock is stunning and I agree little boys look so grown up in baseball caps, your little guy is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shots. I love the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great - I especially love your hat shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your moos shot is really cool! I have yet to master taking photos of the moon

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo a Lavender Festival? How delightful. I love that interpretation of sprinkles. and the shot of the peacock is truly delightful, then again, I might be biased :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great entries. I love out of this world mood

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh.. I love the Sequim Lavender Festival!! We miss it nearly every year due to soccer or relatives visiting... each year I keep saying... next year we will make it back there!! Our worlds are not very far apart!! ;) Fabulous Moon shot!!

    ReplyDelete