Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Edit Me" Challenge

I have so much fun with these editing challenges.  Sometimes it's fun to separate myself from the photo (which is easier to do when I'm not the one who took the picture in the first place) and edit away.  I've found that it's helped me become more creative and I really learn a lot from all of the other edits.

Anyway, here we go.  This photo was taken by Amy.  Gorgeous picture!

Here is my edit:


And here is the original:


I love the composition of this picture but like so many pictures that are taken on the water, the sky was a little dull and the water didn't have much color. Even when I attempted to saturate, there wasn't much color.  Instead, I decided to go a different route.  In ACR, I desaturated the image a bit, increased the yellows, and then moved the black slider up just a tad.  In PSE, I added one of Rita's textures (although I don't remember which one) and set the blending mode to color burn and multiply at about 35% opacity.  I also brightened and sharpened the image, as well as added a frame.  

This was such a fun picture to edit. :)

Happy Hump Day! 

My Reflection of Something

5 comments:

  1. very dramatic edit. perfect with that thick black frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful..I love the very old feel of it. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoy the challenge... I agree it is an excellent way to get creative and LEARN from others. I learn new things every week and always end up so inspired to try new things! Your edit this week turned out fantastic! Perfect vintage coloring!

    ReplyDelete