Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Edit Me: Week 16

I'm practicing my editing skills again and participating in the Edit Me Challenge.  Today's picture was taken by Stephanie from Behind the Camera and Dreaming.  It is such a sweet picture.  I just love her curls!

Here is my finished product:


I opened this picture in ACR and did a basic edit (increased the contrast, lowered the exposure just a tad, and increased the blacks).  Then I opened it in PSE9 and ran a high pass filter at 1.0 just to sharpen it up a bit.  I knew that I wanted to change this to black and white, but I didn't want it to be boring, so I added a brown layer at 25% opacity. Next, I ran the CoffeeShop Powder Room 2 action and softened her skin with a brush set to 10% opacity and used the "define eyes" layer to define her hair and the edges of her dress to separate it from the sand.  Finally, I cropped the image and added a frame. 

The End! :)

Here is the original: 



My Reflection of Something

9 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful edit!! I love the feel of the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is really nice. a bit more vintage than a straight black and white. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable edit, Shoni. The frame really sets it off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "tinted" black and white is just beautiful! The frame is just the frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beauutiful, timeless edit! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete