Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Edit Me: Week 20

This week's Edit Me Challenge was right up my alley since I've been taking lots of pictures of my newborn these last two months.

The picture was taken by Kala at The Wishful Lamb.

Here is the SOOC:


And here is my edit:



Process: 

-Adjusted in ACR (blacks, yellows, and luminance).
-Opened in PSE9. 
-Adjusted levels.
-Duplicated Layer and set blending mode to Soft Light (70% opacity). 
-Added a warm gradient-layer mask to remove from skin.
-Defined eyes and smoothed the skin just a tad.
-Moved picture to a baby announcement template (totally can't remember where I got it from). 
-Added text. 
-Resized and sharpened. 

Enjoy your week! :)

13 comments:

  1. A beautiful edit and the text is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so perfect! And what a perfect quote, one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it.. SOperfect.. I'm participating today BUT I LOVE your edti :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me this is the perfect edit! it's beautiful- well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely crop and quote! That luminance slider in ACR is so perfect for babies! I used it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your edit. Nice crop, and lovely text.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww i love it and the quote is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great edit! I love how soft and creamy you made it. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely precious edit! Perfect dreamy softness, lovely skin tones, and I love your presentaton with the color blocking! :)

    ReplyDelete