Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Nate!

Does a parent really ever come to terms with the aging of their child? Because I am certainly in denial that I have a two-year old.  How is it possible that two years have come and gone since he was born?  I'm sure I'll repeat these words every year on his birthday.  Time passes so quickly.



Even though he's two, I wouldn't say we've entered the dreaded terrible twos.  I think I'll call them the testy twos.  Because he definitely tests us at times.

Now excuse me for a moment while I brag about him.  I'm feeling a tad sentimental right now.


Despite those challenging moments, he still charms us with his sweetness and empathy.  It may be strange to talk about a toddler's empathy, but he really is incredibly empathetic.  If something sad happens in a movie (like the scene where Shrek makes the donkey stay outside overnight), it really worries Nate.  He becomes concerned and won't drop the issue until he realizes that everything is ok.  


 He talks so much. He will repeat virtually every word we ask him to say.  And not only does he say "please" and "thank you" all the time, he actually understands when to use them.  He pronounces "thank you" as "nee no" but nevertheless, he is saying "thank you" without being told.  I love it.


By no means is this a post to say he's perfect but only that he is such a good boy.  During these last two years, he has made me laugh and smile every day.

Besides marrying my husband, becoming a mom is the best thing that has happened to me.


Life is good with boys. Especially such handsome boys.






and then, she {snapped}

Photobucket

NapTime MomTog

6 comments:

  1. Love those shots with little brother and with Daddy. Thanks for the smile today, and Happy Birthday to your sweet Nate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! I love these. So sweet with baby brother and daddy. Happy Birthday Nate. Thanks fo much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday sweet boy! love those last shots of father and son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a precious little family. happy birthday nate!

    ReplyDelete