Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mount Rainier National Park

This is where I was this weekend. This beautiful waterfall, Christine Falls, is located in Mount Rainier National Park and was just begging to have its picture taken.
It's amazing that this mountain can be seen from hundreds of miles away. 
We can't see Mt. Rainier from Seattle every day.  Often the sky is just too dark or overcast to get a glimpse of it.  But there are days when the mountain is extremely visible and towers over the city.  On those days, I always reach for my camera to take a picture of it.  Here is a picture of Mt. Rainier from Lake Washington in Seattle.
Anyway...back to our trip...
There is a road that winds its way deeper into the park.  Around every turn is an even better view of  Mount Rainier.
And of course we had to get out and stretch our legs for a bit. 
I love the warmer weather of Seattle. It's warm without being so hot that I feel suffocated.  But the rainy days are just around the corner, so I'm starting to feel the need to get out as much as possible before the temperature drops.  
Sweet Shot Day


NapTime MomTog

and then, she {snapped}




11 comments:

  1. VIsiting from And Then, She Snapped, and I'm glad I'm here. I got a nice little hit of alpine nostalgia. I used to live in the Rocky Mountains, Canada side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Looks like it was a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That bridge and those trees are amazing!

    Awe the little baby! My daughter was born in March..
    I looked at your about page.. Pretty family.. You need to post a picture of the four of you on there! :)

    <3xojo
    (new follower from oh then, she {snapped} ww linky.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. The pictures and the surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up with us! Great photos!!!

    Andie (Babe in Boyland)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny... I just clicked on a beautiful photo on tinajos blog and ended up watching pictures of Mount Rainer on your blog. I haven't been to many places in the states (live in Sweden across the golbe) but I have been to Mount Rainer Park! It was over 15 years ago but I remember it was beautiful and that a even better wiew of the mountain came up after every turn! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete