Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Boys


Before having kids of my own, I never really knew whether I wanted boys or girls.  Maybe I wanted both. Or maybe just girls.

Bows and ruffles? Barbies and ponies?

Or football and g.i. joes?

But now that I'm a mom, I can't picture myself being a mom to anyone other than these two little boys.  If I try to imagine myself with 2 girls right now, instead of the 2 boys, it just doesn't seem right.  Envisioning our living room covered in barbies, My Little Ponies, and baby dolls instead of cars, g.i. joes, and racetracks is impossible.

Nate makes me laugh every day.  And now Lance makes me laugh to with his smiles and little giggles.

I may not have known which sex I preferred before becoming a mom, but I most certainly know that having two boys is perfect for me right now.

Maybe I'll have a girl someday.  And then that will be perfect then.

But for now, boys are fun.




Sweet Shot Dayand then, she {snapped}

8 comments:

  1. Boys are so much fun, aren't they? I love mine. I do dream of a girl though. There is something so great about them : ) I think its the clothing choices...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 11 year old girl and when I found out I was having a baby I thought it would be great to have a girl, but in about 17 weeks into pregnancy i was told it probably will be a boy, a bit scared at first how will that be , but now I can't imagine not having my lillte man :))
    you have two beautiful boys and maybe one day you have a girl and they will be big brothers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, sooo cute! I love having a boy as well! And I save so much money not being compelled to buy every pink and sparkly thing I see... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah...what cuties! Having boys are fun (i find out this friday whether kiddo number two is gonna be a boy or a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having two boys...and a girl :) Children really do bring a lot of laughter into a home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute and I totally agree, you never really know until they're yours and even then do we? Adorable photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so scared of having a boy - I just didn't know if it would be the same!! But oh my goodness my little boy is so snuggly and loving and adoring of me in ways that my daughter never was - I am SO glad I have gotten to experience both!

    ReplyDelete