Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Brothers


When Nate was only about 8 months old, I started dreaming of baby #2.  I had visions of two little babies that were mine who laughed together, shared toys, told stories, with the occasional fight mixed in (when they're older, of course).

This picture reminds me so much of those hopes I had for my boys.  Lance is a day away from being 3 months old and is beginning to direct his smiles toward his big brother.  I catch him following Nate around the room with his eyes, smiling at him during dinner, and being perfectly content when he holds him.

I see the beginnings of a bond forming and it makes me excited for what's to come, whether it's friendship, tattle-telling, pranks, late-night talks, or hopefully a little of each.

But I don't want them too grow up to quickly.  I like them little. :)

and then, she {snapped} NapTime MomTogWordish WednesdayLive and Love...Out Loud

14 comments:

  1. lovely bub you have :)thinking of a lil sibling for my girl too as I have the same dreams as you do..

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka
    Come join my Wordless Wed Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo, and I love what you wrote. It's so sweet to see bonds forming between siblings.
    If you have a chance I would love for you to link up over at Tots and Me
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2011/10/wordless-wednesday-october-26-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful in the moment but also lifelong photo - my goodness look at the way you've captured the adoration in your younger ones expression. Beautiful. And equally beautiful processing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a sweet moment in time! I had my first 4 all 18 months apart.

    They are all young men now. Enjoy these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great capture! He has a wonderful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great moment!! So sweet to see the relationship forming between two sibllings :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet moment captured. There is definitely admiration in his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUCH a great pic! and the story with it is great. I wish I had my boys closer together but I do see the baby looking at his brother like this & it melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely moment and the black and white adds so much to the photo. Thank you for sharing! I have a link up for altered tone photos (black and white, sepia, etc) that I would love if you joined.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a precious photo! Yes, they do grow way too fast in my opinion ... I liked mine little, too, and I miss those days so much! Enjoy every moment of your little ones! I'm visiting from Simplicity's site ... you enjoy the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO sweet!! thanks so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete