Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Edit Me: Week 22

Time for another Edit Me challenge.  This picture is from Kristi from Live and Love Out Loud.  I absolutely loved editing this photo.  First of all, Alyssa is gorgeous.  Secondly, since I have 2 boys, I rarely get to edit photos of girls, so this was a treat.

Here is the original:

And here is my edit:


My steps: She's gorgeous enough, but I really wanted to glam it up a bit.  I didn't do too much to it in ACR since it was so well-exposed. I did increase the blacks a tad though. Then I opened it in PSE9 and duplicated the layer and set the blending mode to soft light at about 30%.  I smoothed her skin slightly. Then I ran Palm Springs and Utah actions from Amanda at Everyday Elements.  I totally love these actions because they are so customizable.  On each action, I adjusted the contrast and increased the lighting to really play up her eyes.  Then I ran Mini-Fusion from MCP and turned on the sweet light layer.

Then I added the border and sharpened just a tad.

Our tiny BIG Life

Enjoy your week!

8 comments:

  1. I just love how you made my daughter's eyes pop! And thank you for saying that she's gorgeous. I totally agree. ;) lol

    Following you now via GFC. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you smoothed this skin and made the eyes pop! really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eyes really pop in this edit. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great edit! I love how bright and sharp it is! You made her eyes really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I love how you made this lovely lady pop from the rest of the photo.

    Bright blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has a very cool effect... makes her eyes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete