Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Edit Me: Week 23

This week's Edit Me challenge is from Wendy Wright.  It was a super fun picture to edit.  It kinda made me want to take my boys to Disneyland...but when they're older.

Here is the SOOC:




When editing this, I envisioned it as a page in a scrapbook.  Both of the boys have such adorable expressions on their face...it's definitely a moment to remember.

The first thing I did was make some adjustments in ACR.  I increased the blacks, desaturated the image, slid the recovery tool all the way up, and tweaked with a few other settings.  Then I brought the photo into PSE9 and cropped the photo.  I sharpened it, ran an Urban action, and then created the scrapbook page.

Our tiny BIG Life


Enjoy your week!

6 comments:

  1. Oh brilliant that you imagined a scrapbook page... It's worked so well!
    love it. Lovely that u have cropped into the face for a nice portrait effect down the side. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scrapbooking page design is beautiful! I love how you pulled each face out individually and featured it. Love seeing my sweet boys' faces! The colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever idea, loved how you captured the faces on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How smart you are. Such a great editing work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scrapbook page idea! Perfect for this image!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love! Fantastic editing to start with, and a truly awesome presentation!

    ReplyDelete