Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Just a little confession...

I've only owned photoshop elements and an SLR for about 7 months. But ever since I started taking pictures and being more serious about it, I almost have to take at least one picture every day.  When I don't get a chance, I literally start to feel a little anxious about it. And it can't just be any old picture.  It needs to be a photo that I'm proud of-a photo that I enjoy editing.

What is that? Am I addicted?

The weather is changing and the sun is setting super early now here in Seattle.  During the week, I rarely get a chance to get outside before the sun sets, so my picture-taking has been drastically reduced.  Yesterday, the sun was pouring through my living room windows and I knew I just had to take some pictures.  I grabbed my camera, threw on my 70-300mm lens and took these shots through my living room window.





Knowing that I had these pictures (and even more) on my camera to edit later made me happy.

By the way, all images include Kim Klassen's texture-Serious Magic.




and then, she {snapped}The Daily WyattShades of Autumn Photo Challenge

16 comments:

  1. These are all so interesting - and it is an addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. texture and the light looks wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the bit about it being an addiction :)
    Beautiful shots, I'm so glad you took the opportunity to take these awesome shots and share with us.
    The light is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning shots and wonderful processing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to look at - especially love your 2nd & 3rd pictures. Effective use of texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful light. Great color. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great leaf photo set. I need to try some of those textures out sometime. I like the feeling of these photos with them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great shots, I can't believe you took those through your window!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fabulous! Maybe I should take pics through my window more often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat shots: ) i LOVE the texture, something i'm going to have to start playing with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you're doing really well, the photo's themselves are amazing and the texture work/processing is just right :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from "THis or That"....hello, my name is Kathy and I'm a photographi-holic. I understand your affliction completely :). Enjoy!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just amazing! Love those vibrant colors...

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of my favorite things in life is late day sunlight playing in translucent green leaves. I'm never able to do it justice with camera and lens. These, on the other hand, do. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete