Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

You Know It's Officially Fall When...

...you spend the day at a pumpkin farm.  On Sunday afternoon, we happened to stumble upon an awesome pumpkin farm in Snohomish, called Craven Farm.

Here is a list of things to do at Craven Farm:

  • Pick pumpkins (duh)
  • Check out baby farm animals (I didn't get to do this because I was nursing Lance in the car, but Ryan and Nate checked them out and said it was pretty cool.
  • Make your way through the 15-acre corn-maze.
  • Pumpkin slinger
  • Weekday Storytime Tour
  • Tractor rides
  • Pumpkin head scenes (pretty funny)
  • Espresso bar
  • Make your own scarecrow
  • Browse the harvest market


There were over 20 acres of pumpkin fields.  The best part was that they had these adorable red wagons to pull through the fields.
These little pumpkins were my favorite.  So tiny.  We bought a few to put around our house.
In addition to the corn maze, tractor rides, and espresso bar, they also had adorable props set up that the kids could play on and parents could get pictures.  This is definitely my favorite picture of the day.




Isn't Nate getting so big?!  Every day he does something to make me realize that he is less of a baby and more of a little boy.
My favorite part of Craven Farm were the awesome fields of flowers.  Seriously, it was gorgeous.


   
I could have stayed there all day taking pictures.

If you are in the Seattle area and thinking about visiting a pumpkin farm, I highly recommend Craven Farms.  They really go out of their way to make it a memorable experience.




and then, she {snapped}

NapTime MomTog

13 comments:

  1. WOW!! These shots are gorgeous!! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are amazing! I'm really a beginning photographer. Do you use a special lens? Also, I love baby pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...what gorgeous pictures!! I wish I lived there.

    Hope you're having a blessed day♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those fields are really gorgeous! I love the first shot and the flower shots as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures so bright and colourful. Looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so lovely! Can you believe that there are no pumpkin patches in our area? Such a bummer to miss out on such a "Fall" experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fun farm! Love the “baby boo” mini white pumpkins, and the gorgeous field of flowers. The tractor looks like a lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos, the field of flowers is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this post, beautiful photographs, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Shoni, I love, love your photos, I wish we had pumkins farms over here, I would love to gp out with me family and take some photos,
    that photo with Nate on the tractor is one to print out in large format :)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful day, I adore these captures. The photo of your son on the tractor is precious. The flowers are beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, Nate is getting so big, he's adorable! That is one great pumpkin farm you found. Sounds like you all had a great Sunday, so fun!

    ReplyDelete