Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Baby #2

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the way that parents love their children.  It really is an interesting dynamic.  In my experience, it's impossible to fully grasp what that feels like until actually having a child.  From the day Nate was born, I have experienced what it feel like to love a child so entirely. So unconditionally.   
(Lance at 3 months)

When I became pregnant with Lance, I would think about how a new baby was about to enter this world and how I was going to love this baby exactly how I loved Nate.  It was going to be that raw, deep love that comes from inside.  It isn't based on the good things they do or don't do.  It isn't founded in how cute they are.  It isn't about their skills or talents.  And it certainly isn't about any sort of love that they have for us.

It is because they are our children.  They are part of us. And that fact creates a love that is unique and simply can not be experienced in any other type of relationship.


But even though I knew all of this, I still questioned.  I wondered what it would feel like to love another baby.  Would it be the same? Would it be as deep as the love I had for my first child.? How will the love that I have for one child let me love another child so completely?

Such silly questions.

Because on July 27th, I gave birth to my second child, Lance, and have had the same love for him.  Of course, I do.  Loving our children is such a natural act and our hearts always have room to love more.




and then, she {snapped}Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday

Happily Mother After

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up!! Such sweet shots. I especially love his gummy grin! Baby bath time is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can totally relate. Just had my second in June and spent many a night wondering how the dynamics of our little family of three would change. It's been an adjustment, but I can't imagine life without either of them - and don't want to...I guess in the same way that I can't imagine life without one of my siblings! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... so cute! I'd like to invite you to link-up these adorable shots at "Life as this Mommy knows It"!!

    Happy Friday,
    Breena
    mommyknowslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable!! He has the cutest little face and sweetest smile! And he has the same birthday as my 16 year old boy. Really awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful words and beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wondered how i would love a second child as much, but we just do! it's really a cool thing. what cute kids you make :) thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously so glad you wrote this. I wonder the same thing {we are trying for our second}. It just feels like I'll never love the next one as much. Sigh. We will see. :)

    Hope to see you again at tomorrow's Oh Snap! party!

    ReplyDelete