Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Edit Me: Week 26

This week's Edit Me photo was supplied by Alita. Honestly, I fell in love with this photo while editing it.  I wish I had taken it.  It is so pretty and crisp.  With that being said, I did have some fun with this and took it in a fun direction.

Here is the SOOC:


And here is my edit:


Here's what  I did:

I opened the image in ACR and increased the blacks a bit.  That's really all I needed to do in ACR since the white balance was spot on.  Oh...I did increase the recovery silder a little because the clouds were blown out, but I don't really mind that too much.  In PSE9, I ran MCP's Mini Fusion action, which I rarely use because I like figuring out how to achieve the desired result without actions, but I still don't know all the steps that go into creating the Mini Fusion action.  I turned on the blue layer to help the image retain that crisp, winter feel.  I then placed the image in this template from Skinned Knees because I could easily imagine this photo as a piece of wall art in an office.  How cool would it be to separate it onto different canvases like this? After that, I just resized it for my blog and sharpened.

Enjoy your week! 
Our tiny BIG Life

6 comments:

  1. Cool framing - I agree.. Great edit Shoni.. I'm participating today as well and LOVE your edit.. great job.. : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun edit, and I really like what you did with it. The darkness of the shot appeals to me as well. The bokeh reminds me of little diamonds. Well done.

    Alita

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, it looks so different like that, great!

    ReplyDelete