Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Memories, Dreams, and Reflections 2011

Ashley, from Ramblings and Photos, is hosting another linkup which has had me busy scouring my photos.  What a busy year it has been.  Nate turned two, Lance was born, and my interest in photography was sparked.  Thanks to my wonderful husband for supporting this obsession interest.

Alrighty...here we go.



Me:
There are definitely more flattering pictures that I could have posted, but this picture has a special place in my heart.  I'm totally glad that Ryan took a second to capture this.  

I Love You:

What can I say? I love this guy with every thing in me. He makes me laugh, tells me I'm pretty, calls me out on my crap, and is the coolest guy I know.  He's the best father I could have ever imagined that my boys would have.  What a lucky girl I am.

Still Laughing:

This little guy is always laughing (unless he's wanting to eat-if that's the case, watch out!).

Winter Wonderland:


This was taken on our way to see the Skagit River Bald Eagles.

Birthday:


This was taken on Lance's birthday and the day that Nate became a big brother.

Friends:

My hope is that as they grow, they aren't just brothers, but friends as well.

I was Inspired:
I was inspired by the many different sunsets I saw during Seattle's short summer.

Spring Fever:
After being cooped up all winter, we were ready to get outside and play once the weather got warmer.

Travel/Vacation:




We went on a lot of little roadtrips, but one of the more notable trips was my first visit out of the country.  Ok, we were less than 100 miles from my house..but still!  This is downtown Vancouver, Canada.

Summer Days:


Summer in Seattle came and went very quickly, but while the sun was shining, Seattlites were definitely taking advantage of the sun.

A Day in my Life:


A day in my life entails taking care of these little guys and everything else that goes with it.  That means stinky diapers, reading books, lots of Elmo, nursing, picking up toys, laundry, meals, and much more.  But it's fun!

All Smiles:


Nate loved climbing on this tractor at Craven Farms.

Autumn Harvest:


This year we took Nate and Lance to a pumpkin patch.  It was definitely a fun day for us.  If you can believe it, I had 3-month old Lance strapped to my chest in his carrier and I was using my long lens to take pictures.  That was a juggling act for sure.

Family or Home:


This year, we surprised our family (who live 1,000 miles away) with a Christmas visit. All of the grandparents were thrilled to see Nate and Lance and it was nice to see all of the cousins (who are growing up so quickly!).  My siblings were all home for the holidays, which was nice as well.

Celebrate:


Nate turned two and ate a big slice of chocolate cake to celebrate.

Let's Do It Again:




I got a little weird right after Lance was born and thought I didn't want anymore babies.  I was tired and getting used to waking up in the middle of the night again was hard.  But now that a few months has passed and after looking at pictures like this, I know we need to have another one.  Let's do it again, honey! (but not for a while...).

I miss you:


I miss the summer.  I miss watching Nate play in the water, taking pictures of the sunset (which didn't set until after 9:30 PM), and flip flops.

Beautiful:


Beautiful.

Dress Up:
I loved Nate's Halloween costume this year.

Macro:


We'll pretend this is a macro shot. :)

Holidays:


Christmas morning. :)

My Favorite:
If you asked Nate, playing with the rocks along the beach was probably his favorite activity of the year.

Don't Ever Change:


These little guys have already changed so much in the months just since I took these pictures.  Can't they just stay little forever?

Just Because...So There!


I love this picture. It may be my favorite picture of the year that isn't related to my boys.

Hopes and Dreams:


All of my hopes and dreams are wrapped up in these three guys.  While there are things that I am striving for, I wouldn't want any of it if it meant that I had to sacrifice my family.  They are my world and I only want the best for them.  If they are happy, then 2012 will be a success.

Thanks for hosting this fun challenge, Ashley.  I can't wait to see where 2012 takes us.  I know it will be over before we know it!

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful year you have had. I love all of the pictures. I think I love Grandpa holding the baby the best : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post had me smiling all the way through. You really did have a great year and I hope that 2012 is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are sooo awesome. Looks like a wonderful year. Love that last shot.

    ReplyDelete