Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Scavenger Hunt

Hello everyone!  How was your week? Was it good? I hope so.

Have you ever been planning for  a big weekend or an extra special vacation and knew that you were going to be shooting lots of amazing photos? Maybe you are going to photograph a wedding or take family portraits.  However, you just don't have that special lens or that special camera that would be perfect for the occasion.  And you definitely aren't going to drop a bunch of money on a new lens right now. Recently, on Twitter, I found the coolest company.  ATS Rentals loans out camera bodies, lenses, and other accessories for very reasonable prices.

I had the pleasure of renting a Canon 5d Mark II and a 100-400mm lens. The plan was that we were going to return to the Skagit River and photograph more eagles.  We did make the trip, but unfortunately when we returned the eagles were just not as visible and my pictures aren't really blog worthy.  Bummer.  Isn't that the way life goes?  It's like when you go to the store without extra spending money.  Don't you always find things to buy?  And then when you return with some cash to burn, nothing is very appealing.

Anyway, I highly recommend ATS Rentals.  They were very personable, prompt, and professional (how's that for 3 P's).  I was in constant communication with the company in regards to the rental dates, arrival dates, and equipment.  I also was not prepared with the correct memory card for the 5d and they even shipped me one.  It arrived in less than two days.

So the next time you are coveting that special lens or way-too-expensive camera, treat yourself and check out ATS Rentals.  You just might be inspired to shoot some extra amazing photos.

Check out these pictures for this week's scavenger hunt shot with the 5dmarkII and the 100-400.

Stacked Up:

These gorillas were chasing each other up and down the trees.  It was pretty cute.  You can't tell because I am using the super awesome 100-400mm, but I was actually standing behind a whole crowd of people. 

Winter Wonderland:
Guess what we woke up to today? Snow! These pictures were also taken with the rental gear through my living room window.  How awesome is that?


Sweet:




Is my little guy not the sweetest thing ever? We bundled him up last weekend and took him and Nate to the zoo. I couldn't get over how cute he was. 


Hole:




This guy was huddled under a blanket to stay warm.  Poor thing. 
Frozen:




And the wolves were beautiful.  Absolutely stunning.  

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you'll check out ATS Rentals the next time you want to try out a special lens or camera (or other gear like tripods, flashes, projectors, etc).  


Enjoy your week!

32 comments:

  1. What fabulous photos - that poor gorilla, and that beautiful wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. REally great set. My problem would be if I rented it...I would probably just want to buy it even more and then I would have a problem!! Love the winter wonderland and sweet shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that problem too! I just returned the gear today and am a little sad to see the 5d go. But it would be awesome to rent a lens or camera and try it out before making a big purchase.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That wolf photo is awesome! I always find that I get amazing shots at the zoo as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The zoo rocks...I'm thinking that I am going to have to make a trip back there while there is snow on the ground.

      Delete
  4. Wow ! That wolf is really frozen ! He is hunting !! And winter wonderland is there where snow is ! Cool details in snow !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots...that Hole shot is intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZERS what a great set of shots! Hole is my favorite! Your little guy looks pretty sweet ;) I never knew you could rent lens! How cool! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that renting lenses is an option, especially since I am now familiar with such an awesome company to rent from. Enjoy your week as well!

      Delete
  7. He is pretty sweet, that is for sure! Those animals are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your son is adorable! That is a great picture of him and that wolf shot is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots and thanks for the info about the rental place, I have a wedding photo shoot coming up and I'm going to rent a 2nd body so I'll have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ATS is an awesome place to rent gear from. I am photographing a wedding this summer too and will definitely be renting a 70-200 from them. :) Once you rent from them, I'd love to hear about your experience. I'm sure it'll be awesome!

      Delete
  10. I loved each shot SO much! Awwww... nothing beats your sweet take though, adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know that I can't help but be a little biased towards him. :)

      Delete
  11. There are so much to see in the world, great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful set - really loving sweet and hole!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so right - the wolf is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This whole set is stunning but the wolf is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abi. I think the wolf is my favorite too. :)

      Delete
  15. Love you set... wow!!! Hole is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all really good! The sweet is very sweet, and the monkey shot in the hole, I just want to scoop him up and warm him up! Great wolf shot!

    ReplyDelete