Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Color Inspiration

When the weather was warmer (lasts about 8 weeks in Seattle), I was taking photos that really sparked my creativity.  The colors were beautiful and vibrant and I wasn't freezing my buns off while getting the shot.  While I am anxiously awaiting the return of the warmer weather, I've been digging through my archives and making color palettes out some of my favorite photos.

What's even cooler is that while editing Leavesnbloom's photo for the Edit Me challenge, I realized she hosted a weekly linkup for these types of palettes.  Pretty awesome.


This photo was taken at Lake Shannon, which is about an hour from Seattle.  The blues and greens of the lake combined with the reds and pinks of this weed made it one of my favorite photos from the summer (that don't include my sons or husband).




4 comments:

  1. Those are lovely contrasting colours especially the blue background and the pink hues in the grass. Thanks for joining up with the meme this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely, it reminds me of my photo long ago which is analogous to this. However, i don't know how to do what Rosie wants the linkers to do, i am not good with computer instructions, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty weed! I really like the contrast between the pink & tan and the blue/greens.

    ReplyDelete