Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way

Please. Can he just stay this size for a while?  Cute. Squishy. And happy (except for when he wakes up the moment I lay him down but I think he's getting better).  Knock on wood.

At 6.5 months old, he's rolling everywhere and I do mean everywhere.  He'll roll off of the changing table, the edge of the bed, the rug, the couch, or wherever else he happens to be (don't worry...he hasn't hit the ground).  He has 5 teeth and one other just poking through.  And yes.  He bites.  And no.  It's not ok.  It doesn't feel good. But I deal with it.  And I try not to complain too much (crap, I'm complaining now).

A mother's love transcends all pain...childbirth and nipple biting included.

Anyway...onto less painful subjects.

This guy.

He's fun. I laugh every day just watching him.  He's silly and sweet but bossy at the same time.  The other day, we caught him starting to boss a 6-year old around.  I'm hoping that these characteristics just mean that he's a leader in the making.  

He talks up a storm.  I remember waiting in line to catch a ferry when Ryan struck up a conversation with a man parked in front of us.  The man was telling us about his grandkids and asking if Nate talked yet.  We told him that he says a few words here and there (I think he was barely a year old at that point). The man said, "You spend the first two years of their life teaching them how to talk and then you spend the rest of their life teaching them to shut up."  

Don't get me wrong.  I cherish Nate's chatter.  The way he uses complete sentences, identifies the colors of everything he touches, counts to three, says "on your mark, go yet, GO!"  It's all so cute.  But when we're driving and he's talking a mile a minute, I remember what that man said and it makes me laugh.  

He's also potty trained now.  I feel like we deserve an award or something.  It was a lot of work! But I guess it's something that every parent has to do at some point.  And even though he's pretty much got it down, it's still a lot of work.  As soon as I sit down, I hear, "Nate going pee pee!" and I have to jump up and rush him to the bathroom.  But it's worth it.  I'm so proud of us him. 


I say all of that just to say that they are fun.  It's amazing to watch these boys growing up.  These precious, handsome boys that didn't even exist just a short time ago, are growing, developing their own personalities, learning, and getting me wrapped around their little fingers with every smile.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

and then, she {snapped}and then, she {snapped}

3 comments: