Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Early Morning Thoughts

I'm up an hour earlier than I like to be because Lance is wide awake and just wants to play.  He's laying next to me in the play pen, surrounded by his toys, and just as happy as can be.  I know I'll probably be tired later this afternoon because I went to sleep way later than I should have.


Both boys are quickly growing.  Nate, at 2.5 years old, is exerting his desired independence on a daily basis.  Teaching him that he doesn't always get what he wants (when he wants it) can be an exhausting task.  There are tears and time outs.  It's then that the term, "terrible twos," enters my head and I suddenly understand.  It's a tough time, and not only for Mom and Dad, but also for him.  He's being forced to learn what it means to be respectful, kind, and patient.  It's a hard lesson to learn.


But I have no doubt that he'll learn.  Because when he isn't struggling with self-control, he is very patient, very kind, and very respectful.  He tells me "thank you" when I bring him his food.  When I tell him, "I love you so much," he says it back.  He loves on his brother every morning.  And he has a fun, infectious attitude when he's excited, which makes me smile, because, in that way, he is so much like his dad.

So I know that this is just a phase, perhaps a very trying phase, but a phase nonetheless.


  

5 comments:

  1. Great post! You have some beauiful little fellsa there! The b&w shots are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to sleep to late and getting up too early :))) that's a beauty of motherhood :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful black and white images and adorable boys.

    ReplyDelete