Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

COOL WHIP whipped topping: Every Day Treats

I'm a fan of turning the ordinary into something special.  I don't need fancy treats. Save the pies and cakes for the holidays.  However, I do love to use COOL WHIP Whipped Topping to spice up our treats.

Every morning, I wake up, open all of the curtains, hope that the sun is actually shinning, and start the coffee maker.  As I start sifting through Google Reader, email, Twitter, and Pinterest, I can't wait for my coffee to be ready.  I grab my favorite mug and pour my coffee and some half&half.  Adding a dollop of COOL WHIP with a dash of cinnamon on top is all the sweetness that my coffee needs.  It's the perfect wake-up call first thing in the morning.  The thing about adding COOL WHIP is that I don't use it every day.  I only use it when I want that special cup of coffee.

Doesn't it sound delicious?


Lately, Nate has been more interested in playing than finishing his meal.  He'll eat five or six bites and then start saying, "Me all done!" So I've been using a bit of creative parenting and reminding him that once his food "goes bye bye in his mouth," he'll get a treat.  

One of our recent favorite treats is butterscotch pudding.  It is so delicious! Add a few banana slices or vanilla  wafers...yum! One way to make this ordinary treat special is to make butterscotch mousse.

Here are the steps:

-Whisk Butterscotch pudding mix and 1.5 cups of milk for 2 minutes.

-Fold in 1.5 cups of thawed COOL WHIP.


This mousse can be used in so many different ways.  Pie filling, fruit dip, graham cracker dip, bribery, or just eat it plain like we do.


Not only does the added COOL WHIP turn the pudding into something special, but by adding a dollop on top it ups the ante.  It becomes a creamy, dreamy treat.


Nate loves the mousse.  It's definitely a treat that he finds is worth the wait.  In the past, I've let him help me make it.  I scoot his high chair up to the counter and let him add the ingredients and do the whisking.  It can get a little messy, but he absolutely loves it.  He asks me if he can help me cook.  How cute is that?


Adding COOL WHIP whipped topping to any dessert is a great way to turn an ordinary treat into something special.  I'd love to hear how you use COOL WHIP in your desserts.

Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content. I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.

2 comments:

  1. Love this campaign because it's allowing me to discover new blogs and treats! And hello, I love coffee and Cool Whip so I will definitely be trying your idea soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice treat :) Thanks for stopping by my blog...following you back!

    ReplyDelete