Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Egg Coloring

One of the best things about having kids is watching them experience things for the first time.  Nate is 2.5 now, so I thought he might be able to handle coloring Easter eggs.   The funny thing is that I bought food-coloring packs last year, but chickened out.  I just imagined colored water all over the floor and fingers, broken eggs, and a melt-down in the making.  I think I was smart to wait a year.

Nate absolutely loved it.  At one point, he was jumping up and down saying, "I'm so happy!" Luckily, I used cups with lids to minimize the mess.  He was able to pick up the cups and look at the egg inside


He was pretty set on dropping each egg into the water and retrieving each one.  He did not want me to have any part of it.  But he was very patient while waiting for each egg to finish.  Sometimes I swear he looks and acts older than 2.5. 


I guess the egg-retrieval thingy reminded him of a bubble-wand because he kept picking it up and blowing through it.  Funny guy.

I hope you had a great Easter!


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. awesome photos and Palette, Nate looks like he had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pictures! Love the lid idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from You Capture! Don't kids make projects so much more fun. Messier, but definitely funner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in your post. And I enjoy your very mature 2 1/2 year old's expressions and interest in the egg dying project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So colourful and it looks like you all had fun with the project. Thanks for joining in with your palette this week - very appropriate for your blog topic too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. look at him having so much fun with coloring these eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pics!! We were bad and for the second year in a row didn't get around to dying eggs. :( Can I do it late??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! So much fun! I'll admit, I often don't look forward to coloring eggs because of the potential mess. And my kids are 13, 9, and 6! :)

    Also, I finally updated my blog with the header you designed for me. So I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures - tomorrow's memories in the making. I love the colours in the palette - very fresh and zingy.

    ReplyDelete