Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Busy, Busy Life

I may have just taken my longest blogging break since I started almost 2 years ago.  And it isn't because I'm bored with my blog, but because I've just been so busy with other things.  Prioritizing my days' activities often means that this blog gets put on the bottom of the list.  But I don't want to abandon it.

So...today is day 1 of trying to get my blogging act together.  :)


Currently, both of my boys are sick.  The kind of sick where we have to chase them around the house with kleenex in an attempt to keep their rivers of snot from getting everywhere.  Pleasant visual...I know.


I worked on a fun project for Tuff Kookooshka last week.  I photographed my boys wearing some of their merchandise for their website.  Good thing I got it done before the river-of-snot-fest started.  I'll be sharing more about this project soon (not the snot...but the photography).  


Besides loving on my boys and their Daddy, I've also been really focusing on my health.  My free time is usually occupied by riding the exercise bike or running, which is crazy.  If you would have asked me 2 months ago if I could run for longer than 10 minutes, I would have said, "no way, Jose."  But surprisingly, I can run for a bit longer than that.  And, even more surprisingly, I enjoy it.  I just ran my first double-digit run last weekend.  10 miles done.  And I'm looking forward to running a 10-miler again this weekend.  Crazy...yes.  

Another Tuff Kookooshka shot. 

I've also taken on the roll of social media ambassador for a pretty cool startup, which is a lot of fun, but does require some time.  

As much as I wish there were more hours in the day, my husband reminds me that I'd rather be busy than bored.  He knows me so well.  Sometimes it's stressful, but I like having things to do.  As fun as it can be to surf my reader and catch up on blogs or browse Twitter, having something real to do is much more fulfilling.  

So if it's been a week or so since I've posted, just know that it's because I'm busy and a busy life is a good life. 




6 comments:

  1. Shondra, so good to see your writing again! I've been thinking of starting my blog back up again. Hope you and all your boys are doing well! Your little guys are growing up so much and are so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about your new projects. I hear you on the business and craziness. I would kill so say and really mean "I'm bored". There is so much to do that I even have to hurry up in the bathroom. That said, we are off to buy dog food and milk which we ran out of today, then off to 2 soccer games, back to have Ben's birthday dinner and party,fall into bed, and then up again tomorrow for endless chores, another birthday party for Ben, and on and on...We are working on a plan to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pictures, adorable baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boys are so cute...that little one with his big eyes is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finding fulfilling things to do! And ten miles-- you are amazing. You really ramped up quickly. In reference to your comment on my blog- Speed has nothing to do with it, anyone who runs 10 miles is a serious runner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog through Feeding My Temple - loving it. Your photos are so great, and your boys are just precious! I am definitely a new follower!

    ReplyDelete