Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Earth to Nate!

If you have a tv and a toddler in the same house, chances are that you've encountered the "zone out."  

Me: "Hey, Nate."
Nate: ...
Me: "Hey, Naaatttee..."
Nate: ...
Me: "Hey. You. Nathaniel Ryan Walker!"
Nate: ...


This usually continues until I walk over and position myself in front of the tv.


Nate: "Mom...now I can't see the tv."
Me: "Um yep. That's my point.  Do you need to go pee?"
Nate: "Not yet. I'm holding it."


Since when have toddlers turned into miniature teenagers? Ignoring me for as long as possible and he isn't even 3 yet?

I know that there are arguments against allowing toddlers to watch tv.  I tend to believe that it's ok in moderation.  I think shows like Sesame Street and Dora the Explorer can be very educational.

My point is just that when he's watching tv, I feel like I'm dealing with a teenager.  It's pretty amusing.

Anyone else feel the same way?  What are your child's favorite shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment