Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

He's a Walker


I happen to think that the first few weeks of real walking-of real independence-is so sweet.  That sudden urge to walk over to that pile of toys or to follow his brother in circles around the room or even to waddle over to me and lay his head in my lap.  It's really so cute.  The way they stop and check their balance every ten steps or so.  The way their hands stay up in the air as they hone in on their target.  The way they plop down after they get what they want.


We've had a wonderful September up here in Seattle.  The sun has been showing off most days and it's been warm enough to let Lance practice his walking skills barefoot in the grass while Nate improves on his pedaling skills. 


I know I'm getting spoiled by all of the sun and the lack of rain, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.  


5 comments:

  1. Oh I miss this age, he's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're enjoying the sun in the Portland-area too. So not ready for the rain to come back! I love those first steps of toddlers. He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love our little Lance, he's a true doll!!! wish I could catch him.love his nana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and a wonderful way to capture this milestone! He is so cute by the way!

    ReplyDelete