Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 10

When it comes to photographing my babies, I'm not a big fan of excessive props, weird body contorting positions, and bums sticking in the air (although those pictures are beautiful and those photographers have some incredible talent).  The pictures that make this mama's heart sing are the ones that capture him. exactly. as. he is.  

Give me some good light, a cozy baby, and my camera and I'm a happy girl. 







By the way, these pictures were taken in our bedroom when I was supposed to be straightening up and folding laundry, but my baby was sleeping, the light was nice, and I'm easily distracted.  


Never underestimate the power of a bit of good light.

18 comments:

  1. awww...he does look cozy and comfy. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so sweet! I have a picture of my daughter like this from when I was doing taxes, lol. What a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pullbacks. It shows that although your images look absolutely amazing, they were taken in a "real life" place :) What a gorgeous babe too. Love his squishy little cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful baby!!!! And, way to capture the pretty light in your otherwise laundry filled bedroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) Any excuse to avoid the laundry!

      Delete
  5. A new mom that's easily distracted? NO. WAY! (just kidding) The baby is adorable, and you DID catch some terrific light! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Seriously, right? Even though he's my 3rd, I still can't get over how precious they are. :)

      Delete
  6. I love that you took the time to capture those real moments and even shared your laundry. Looks like my house. :) Beautiful baby ... and you're right good light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone with the laundry on the bed (although I have caught up). :)

      Delete