Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 6


Happy April! I hope that you are enjoying the (hopefully) warmer weather and wildflowers that always seem to blossom this time of year.

Like many photographers who are moms, I got my first dslr to take better photos of Nate.  I wanted to capture his every day life in a way that was real and candid--free of fake smiles, posing, and forced photos.  The pictures that make me the happiest are the ones that aren't planned or forced.

  I love this picture and not because it's a great photo (I know I'm not the only one who noticed that he looks like he's missing his left arm), but because he said, "Mom, watch my biggest jump ever in the water!" and then jumped and I just happened to have my camera ready.  He's happy.  His little brother is taking notes (he's always watching his every move), and now we have that moment preserved forever.

When it comes to my family, I just want to document our every day life.  I want our boys to look back at these pictures some day and be able to remember what their childhood was like.  I don't want them only looking at posed pictures that were taken on holidays (not that there is anything wrong with those), but I want to capture all of the simple and beautiful moments that make up their lives.

I'm beginning work on a personal project that was inspired by this group of photographers.  I'm looking forward to sharing it later this month and hope it will be another memento of the kids' childhoods as well as our lives as parents of 3 kids who are 3 and under.

No comments:

Post a Comment